|ECOSYSTEMS CENTER ALARM PROCEDURES
GROWTH CHAMBER ALARM (ESC 115)
There should be a user log posted on the doors of the chambers where experiments are in - progress.
If the alarm sounds during the day: Check the "Growth Chamber Use Log" and call the first person on the list.
- If no contact is made, call Back-up Person # 1.
- If no contact is made, call Back-up Person # 2.
- If no contact is made, call Back-up Person # 3.
- If no contact is made, call Plant Operations and Maintenance, ext. 7776.
If the alarm sounds at night, or on a weekend or holiday and the above people can't be contacted, call the night watch person (ext. 7217), who will then contact the MBL mechanic that is "on-call".
The Scientific Investigator, Back-up Person or Mechanic will determine whether the situation is critical or not and what action to take to remedy the alarm.
WALK-IN FREEZER ALARM (ESC 115/116)
This is an audible alarm. If it is sounding, make note of the date, time, and temperature as requested by the "FREEZER USE LOG: alarm procedures", which should be posted on the freezer door. Then call the appropriate personnel as directed by the use log.
COMPUTER ROOM TEMPERATURE ALARM in GIS room ( H103 )
If the alarm sounds, open the door to allow the computer closet ( H103-A ) to cool down if the air conditioner is not on.
- Call Dave Kicklighter at MBL Extension 7490 .
- Call Plant Operations and Maintenance , ext. 7776 if the air conditioner is not working.
- If no contact is made, call Jim Laundre at Ext. 7476 or at home, 548-7452
- If no contact is made, call Dennis Renna (MBL ISD Services) at Ext. 7630
DEIONIZED WATER SYSTEM: Light alarm in first floor hallway of ESC Building ( "Mid. Level Alarm" )
If alarm flashes call Don Burnette at MBL Ext. 7764 or at home, 540-0349 or for Voice Mail, 457-7697
- If no contact is made, call Jane Tucker, ext. 7469 or home, 457-1782.
- If no contact is made, call P.O. M., ext. 7776 or Barry Fleet, ext. 7333.
- If none of the above are available, call Fluid-Solutions at 1-978-453-9600, explain the
- situation, and ask for Brian Hagopian or any other engineer who may be helpful
CHEST FREEZER and WALK-IN REFRIGERATORS (ESC 117)
These freezer / refrigerators do not have an alarm. If the freezer digital thermometer is above 0 degrees C or above 32 degrees F; or if the refrigerator thermometer is above 45 degrees F , follow the instructions as indicated on the "Chest Freezer Use Log" or the "Walk-in Refrigerator Use Log". These use logs should be posted on the doors of the appliance.
STABLE ISOTOPE LAB (ESC 113)
If burning odors or loud bangs are coming from this lab, contact Marshall Otter, ext. 7485 or at home, 564-4194.
- If no contact is made, call Kris Tholke, ext. 7474 or home, 548-0052
- If no contact is made, call Hap Garritt, ext. 7485 or home, 563-6701
- If no contact is made, call Frank Bowles at 548-7178
DIONEX ION CHROMATOGRAPH (ESC 114)
This is an audible alarm. If it is buzzing, turn the instrument off by pushing the button located just below the display screen of theDX-120 Ion Chromatograph.